I tried the instructions from Marc-Antoine Ruel above and I got a message like:
 (EE) Device not found. This from the configuration done bye the nvidia
installer.
Then I changed the "Device" section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf from
   Driver "nvidia"
   Driver "vesa"
but as result I could (at least) restart in low graphic mode but when I tried
to set two monitors it tells me impossible for the current configuration.

<HELP>!!!!!!!!</HELP>

--
Black screen after installing Nvidia drivers on 10.10
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in ubuntu.