I also have an enormous RAM increase since I updated my 10.10 system to
11.04 beta. Whenever I did a fresh reboot of my system it was using
under 300MB RAM from Ubuntu 6.06 to 10.10. Now it is using around 800MB
RAM after a fresh reboot and is going up to 1.3 GB RAM with just Firefox
4 and Empathy open. As I am on a 1.5 GB RAM system it is also starting
to use SWAP space to cope with the increase.

This memory increase is causing the whole system to slow down enormously
and applications to crash often.

I am using the Nvidia Proprietary drivers and have a Nvidia Geforce 6100
graphics card.

Hope this bug will be released before the final release. Otherwise it is
going to affect a lot of users.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Nvidia drivers lead to extra memory usage for each process using libGL