Bryce: My problem is I can't trigger this on demand; it happens once in
a while.

The machine was originally installed years ago and has been upgraded through
alpha's and beta's too natty; it's running Unity
single headed on the laptops intel LCD.   It mostly just runs pidgin watching
irc and a terminal or two, and synergyc gluing it's keyboard to my other
machine.  I have a firefox that sits there and gets the occasional link I click
on in irc, and it does seem to be related to firefox when it crashes.  The
firefox is in a separate workspace to the right of the one I'm in most of the
time (I run 3x3 workspace).
The page it failed last time on was http://www.bmreports.com/bsp/bsp_home.htm
although that's happy at the moment.

Dave