I think for a proper SRU, this patch should be reworked a bit.  Instead
of simply deleting the code it should conditionalize it with a driver
option that can be set in xorg.conf and that is disabled by default.
That way, if other people find it is indeed needed, they will be able to
flip it back on.

However, even if this is done it's not clear this is going to be free of
regression.  Sarvatt indicates that the optimization improved
performance for xterm users, so presumably there would be a performance
impact for them.  We don't know how big an impact that would be though.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu Natty)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Robert Hooker (sarvatt)

  [arrandale] Strange artifacts related to the xorg's intel driver