The (this morning) update of fglrx-updates &co (Now at version
2:8.881-0ubuntu6.1) seems to have fixed the worst of it.
Nevertheless, there is still some (minor, but not nice) problem. See the
attached shot --- easier than explain.

(5 minutes...)

well, I stand back, it seems that it's impossible to get a shot of the
screen. More of that. The problem I was noticing above is that for
example, in a gnome terminal, if you go the terminal-profile menu, and
select the profiles... submenu, when you hover on the submenu it get
mangled. The same happens to the "new" scrollbar sometime.

For the other thing: it seems that it's impossible to get a screenshot.
When I try it, I get only an old wallpaper (I am rotating them) and no
windows. Should be fglrx- related, because on my laptop, intel graphic
card, same O.S., it works ok.

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  GNOME Shell display problems with FGLRX