I am experiencing this bug on a System76 Pangolin P7 laptop. Bug was
first encountered in 11.04 after latest kernel upgrade
(3.0.0-15-generic), and upgrade to 11.10 did not help. I also tried a
clean install of linux mint 12, but bug was still there. So now I have
done a clean install of ubuntu 11.10, but the problem still persists, I
have tried the workaround suggested by Don Golding above (remove
mousetweaks), and it seemed to work for a little while, but the issue
came back. It seemed to be related to when I plugged in an external USB
sound card. Unplugging the sound card and rebooting does not cure the
problem now either...

IMO, this is a pretty serious bug. While I *can* use the computer, I
*can't* use it well, and some things don't work at all. For example,
even if I use the multiple right-click technique to bring focus to the
desktop, I can't double click  on any of the icons, or even select them
with a single click, or drag them around. I can only right-click on
them, and select "open". Sometimes, the multiple-right-clcik technique
fails to ever bring the mouse focus to the desired window, and I have to
close it with Alt-F4.

Any ideas on another workaround, or info on an impending fix? I'd really
like to be rid of this super-annoying bug!!

Cheers,

~Isaac

  Mouse clicks stop working sporadically