I have just realised that compiz problem after last update was caused by
updater crash - it has happened when I has watching youtube while updating
system.
I have booted to the recovery mode and run "dpkg --reconfigure -a" and system
is now fine.

All working fine without need for the Nvidia proprietary drivers so I
think we can close this ticket.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  [Quadro NVS 130M] Xorg freeze with 3G and Nvidia driver - without
  Nvidia driver it freezes  when screen goes blank