Hi

No I haven't installed 12.04 to hard disk as yet (because of this bug),
only running Live session off the USB as per above. There is no grub
menu presented when booted from the USB. Is there a way to trigger the
grub menu (from USB live session) or edit the boot line in the USB data?

Or do you mean adding this to my currently running 10.04.4 from hard
disk? But that works perfectly fine with the NVidia card (am using the
latest proprietary drivers there).

Shreepad

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  [nvidia GT 240] no desktop after X started