@#88
Which PPA source do you use to install 2.19.0? Use ppa:glasen/intel-driver ?
This PPA xserver-xorg-video-intel 2.19.0~precise~ppa1 package description told:
This package provides the driver for the Intel i8xx and i9xx family of
chipsets, including i810, i815, i830, i845, i855, i865, i915, i945 and i965
series chips.
So I think this package isn't for i5 cpu, how about your system after installed
this package now? Not freeze again?

If you don't use this ppa, please tell me how to install xserver-xorg-
video-intel 2.19 for i5 cpu

I got this same problem too, hard freeze, can't move mouse, noly press power
button 7 sec to restart my system.
Thinkpad x220
cpu: i5 2520M (Sandy Bridge)
video card: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller

  ubuntu 12.04 64bit completely freezes frequently