@jfleach
No, this is not the same issue, the X-server crash results in a lost session
setting you back to the login screen.
The 30x.xx driver series has nothing to do with this bug, it's not even in the
repository.

@pelleke
I do have more machines running different kinds of nVidia hardware, I did not
encounter this issue with any other of them, but then again I haven't used them
for more than maximum 1 hour at a time either, so can't confirm there not
affected.

I'm using a Quadro FX 3800M on the affected machine (G92 Core) and it's
my daily workstation, I have another machine equipped with a 8800GTS 512
which has the same core, but still hasn't crashed, but again it isn't
used a lot.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Nvidia driver causes xorg crash