I don't think so. I don't have a Sandy Bridge system--not even close. And
that bug has nothing to do with NVIDIA. And this bug only happened when the
NVIDIA drivers were upgraded.  That "nobody cared" IRQ message can be
caused by other things.

On Thursday, May 31, 2012, Kevin W. wrote:

> @alphapapa: I think your problem is this bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/843709
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/982710
>
> Title:
>  [regression] Nvidia 295.40 driver is extremely slow
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  [regression] Nvidia 295.40 driver is extremely slow