I continue to experience this bug irrespective of which graphics driver
I have installed. In my case, whenever I am using the keyboard the
system is at risk of a crash. I know this because on this particular
machine, I rarely use the keyboard as it is being used primarily as a
virtualisation server, however, when I use the keyboard, a crash will
happen quite quickly, this seems to be more likely if I have typed a
number key or a period sign.

This machine can stay stable for days, or even weeks provided that the
keyboard is not used.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Nvidia driver causes xorg crash