Hi all,

I have the same issue with a Nvidia card and IOGEAR MiniView 4 port KVM
(usb/VGA) to a LG Flatron M2762D.  It revert back to a 800x600
resolution.  The only way to fix it for me was to go to the "Displays",
until I've turned off the screen saver.  When I leave I just switch it
to a Windows computer that functions properly.  There is nothing in the
dmesg output of value, and the Xorg logfile doesn't seem too helpful
either, but it is attached.  The NVIDIA driver is version 302.17.

I've also tried to implement an xorg.conf config file from the nvidia-
settings application that would force the monitor into a 1920x1080, but
it didn't help.

$ lspci | grep NVIDIA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G84 [GeForce 8600 GTS]
(rev a1)

Thanks gents,
Dan

** Attachment added: "Xorg.0.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/988290/+attachment/3245162/+files/Xorg.0.log

  Resolution change with KVM switch on Precise