As you can see in my 2 screenshots of "Systemeinstellungen" (system
settings or control center in English?):

On page "Leistung" (power settings in English?) I set "never go into standby"
and on page
"Helligkeit und Sperren" (brightness and screen locks?) I set "turn off screen
after an idle-time of X minutes" to "never". "Sperren" (lock screen?) I turned
off to.

Yet after I leave my PC for about 15 minutes, the screen is always
black.

Please don't blame me for not having switched to English screen displays
for this bug report. The "Sprachen" (languages?) section in
"Systemeinstellungen" doesn't seem to work either, but that would be
another story, right?

I'm running:
Ubuntu 12.10, unitiy, nvidia proprietary display driver (all versions those
shipped with ubuntu). And it's a desktop PC, no battery.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
screen turns blank after X minutes despite settings in "Systemeinstellungen"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1069453