I have the same problem and I'm looking for reasons... It's very
strange.

If you guys wanna cold down the computer using (opensource driver )while
official workaround doesn't comes out, just uninstall fglrx, remove
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file and run this commands:

sudo su
echo OFF > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
this will turn off the GPU not utilised.

for more knowledge, read this article about VGA Switcheroo:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HybridGraphics

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  1002:6740 Unity does not load after installing fglrx-updates Radeon HD
  6700M Series