** Description changed:

- I've been working on a script for Hardware Certification and OEM QA
- usage (and hopefully more) that reports on some graphics driver info.
+ [Impact]
+ Xorg.0.log has a ton of useful information for QA purposes, yet the file is
not well structured for programmatic examination, as is necessary when running
automated QA tests.  During the raring cycle a number of efforts seek to
establish automated testing of X.org, so having this code more widely available
will help facilitate the scripts.
+
+ [Test Case]
+ $ python
+ >>> from xdiagnose.xorglog import XorgLog
+ >>> xorglog = XorgLog('/var/log/Xorg.0.log')
+ >>> print xorglog.video_driver
+ RADEON
+ >>> print xorglog.xserver_version
+ 2:1.11.4-0ubuntu10.6
+ >>> print xorglog.errors
+ ['Failed to load module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)', 'Failed to load
module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)']
+
+ Expected Results:  As above
+ Actual Results:  The import will fail with "module not found"
+
+ [Regression Potential]
+ None, this merely adds a python module that nothing in the distro requires.
Future tests and tools will be introduced to depend on this module.
+
+ [Original Report]
+ I've been working on a script for Hardware Certification and OEM QA usage
(and hopefully more) that reports on some graphics driver info.

  For now, it reports the running graphics driver and version, and does a
  check for hybrid graphics and lists DDX drivers listed in Xorg.0.log.

  For the moment, I have had to copy the XorgLog class from xorglog.py
  into my script directly because our code needs to be supported on
  Precise, but xorglog.py only exists currently in Trunk.

  So I'm asking for an SRU to get xorglog.py into the xdiagnose for
  Precise to support this testing, and potentially future tests that could
  rely on code in xdiagnose for the Hardware Certification and OEM QA
  Teams.

  Getting this into Precise will help a LOT as I'll be able to remove my
  hacked copy from my test scripts and use a simple Import. This will make
  my code infinitely more maintainable and I'll not have to maintain a
  copy of the XorgLog class that is out of sync with the copy that Bryce
  is developing/maintaining.  This will also allow me to write one script
  that works on everything from Precise onward.

  Precise is requested because these tests will be part of the Cert suites
  as well as OEM QA test suites, and most of that work will be based on
  Precise for some time to come.

which is subscribed to xdiagnose in Ubuntu.

  put xorglog.py into Precise