In my KDE 4.4.2 the windows at (0,0) can be corrupted just as easily.
Actually I noted the following rule (in KDE): the corruption (a hole in the
place where some old tooltip was previously drawn) occures only if the new
tooltip (the one which triggers the hole) does NOT cover the window which
should be holed. Due to this, the maximized windows are never holed by KDE
tooltips. But this rule seemingly does not apply to your testcase: it corrupts
just all existing windows.

  Window redrawing does not work properly with KDE4 taskbar tooltips.