** Description changed:

- [SRU] I intend to provide SRU patches for each of the packages that are
missing libcuda1, but first need the followng:
- nvidia-graphics-driver patch attached in comment #13
+ [SRU] I intend to provide SRU patches for each of the packages that are
+ missing libcuda1, but first need the followng:
+
+ nvidia-graphics-drivers (patch in comment #13):
+ [SRU] The attached debdiff backports a single change from
nvidia-graphics-drivers 304.51.really.304.43-0ubuntu1 in Quantal to Precise so
that packages that Build-Depend on nvidia-current can be built.  Currently,
nvidia-current fails to install without its recommended dependency
nvidia-settings.
+
+ [IMPACT]
+ When attempting to build packages that Build-Depends on nvidia-current for
Precise, the build servers are unable to install nvidia-current and the build
fails.
+
+ [Test Cases]
+ Upload any source package that Build-Depends on nvidia-current; e.g.
nvidia-cuda-toolkit, starpu-contrib or viennacl, to the PPA builders targeted
for Precise.
+
+ [Regression Potential]
+ Minimal: the change only affects the installation of the nvidia-current and
none of the packages that Build-Depend on it can currently build.
+

  Original bug description:
  Ubuntu 12.04
  nvidia-graphics-drivers 295.20-0ubuntu1

  In Ubuntu, nvidia-graphics-drivers package provides only nvidia-current
  and nvidia-current-dev, while the Debian's package provides many
  separated deb packages as follows:

  libcuda1
  libcuda1-dev
  libcuda1-ia32
  libgl1-nvidia-alternatives
  libgl1-nvidia-alternatives-ia32
  libgl1-nvidia-glx
  libgl1-nvidia-glx-ia32
  libglx-nvidia-alternatives
  libnvidia-compiler
  libnvidia-compiler-ia32
  libnvidia-compiler1
  libnvidia-compiler1-ia32
  nvidia-glx
  nvidia-glx-dev
  nvidia-glx-ia32
  nvidia-kernel-dkms
  nvidia-kernel-source
  nvidia-libopencl1
  nvidia-libopencl1-dev
  nvidia-libopencl1-ia32
  nvidia-libvdpau-dev
  nvidia-libvdpau1
  nvidia-libvdpau1-ia32
  nvidia-opencl-common
  nvidia-opencl-icd
  nvidia-opencl-icd-ia32
  nvidia-smi
  nvidia-vdpau-driver
  nvidia-vdpau-driver-ia32

  So, some packages imported from Debian cannot be built or not
  installable unless their dependencies are modified.  For example,
  nvidia-cuda-toolkit is failed to build because of missing libcuda1.  See
  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-cuda-
  toolkit/4.0.17-3/+build/3079987 .

  I think the separate packages should be provided as in Debian and
  nvidia-current and nvidia-current-dev should be changed to meta packages
  which depend on those separate packages.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  some packages fail to build because of missing libcuda1