I've also been having daily crashes with no logs, complete freeze, no response
to magic keys-REISUB
Im running Ubuntu 12.04 and I have tried the LTS Enablement stack with no
success, currently im at kernel version 3.5.0-25

Ive tried various other tricks on this message trail, but no success so
far.  I definitely want to get this solved!

It seems anytime Im running Unity GUI, I have these problems.  Overlapping this
fact, is that I usually have VirtualBox running also.
(When I run w/o gui, I get uptimes on the order of days)

But I have similar Ubuntu setups on other machines that doesnt crash
with GUI+VirtualBox running.

I do see however a difference in my /var/log/kern.log:

Unstable system:

kernel: [    0.004000] Fast TSC calibration using PIT
kernel: [    0.186351] TSC synchronization [CPU#0 -> CPU#1]:
kernel: [    0.186354] Measured 486003664 cycles TSC warp between CPUs, turning
off TSC clock.
kernel: [    0.012000] Marking TSC unstable due to check_tsc_sync_source failed
kernel: [    2.962271] vboxdrv: TSC mode is 'asynchronous', kernel timer mode
is 'normal'.

Stable system:

kernel: [    0.000000] Fast TSC calibration using PIT
kernel: [    2.428496] Refined TSC clocksource calibration: 2693.880 MHz.
kernel: [   30.011497] vboxdrv: TSC mode is 'synchronous', kernel timer mode is
'normal'.

Ive had the TSC unstable for as long as I can remember from using this
system (Intel DX79TO, i7-3930k)  Im going to see if fixing this error
will solve my crashing problem.  However, I do not see much online on
how to solve the unstable TSC.

Does anyone else have unstable TSC?

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.