> Removed an older hack and had to reduce the max further. Bah, humbugs.

OK, this time I'm definitely not able to reproduce the issue so far.
Maybe it will some extra time - hard to say now - but before it has took me
just minutes to get the issue visible.

intel_gpu_top now shows only few lines busy to 1% during scroll.

The bad part is - while before I've been getting 3.7Mchar/s in x11perf
-aa10text - now it's like 1.3Mchar/s  so significantly slower.

So the question here would be - isn't the corruption based on  triangle
surface size ? So i.e. GPU is able to  process a lot of small ones - but
has bug with bigger ones ?

Maybe a cheap test would be to flush when some longer triangle edge is
pushed in ?

  [gen4 sna] Font corruption in Chromium tab bar