Chris,

on Lubuntu mailing list we have a thread speaking about a workaround for
another issue with  xserver-xorg-video-intel and flash that seems to solve the
problem I have.
As reported on commentary #1 on bug  1178982, using UXA as accelmethod option
on xorg.xonf solve the issue of that bug AND this one. My system seems quite
stable now even when using kernel 3.10 and I cannot see any side effects for
now.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1178982

Direct link to the comment #1:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1178982/comments/1

Hope it helps found the problem.

F.

  [830 v3.7 regression] Video goes blank and system hangs (using an old
  kernel fix it)