funny. Same problem. Nouveau is randomly freezing

nosek@ubuntu-vbi:~$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu-vbi 3.11.0-12-generic #19-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 9 16:20:46 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and nvidia-drivers binary don't work for me too. Monitor is flickering (binary
drivers) after boot and freezing too.

and this (/etc/modprobe.d/options) didn't help me. But this line worked for me
on Gentoo.
options nvidia NVreg_DeviceFileMode=432 NVreg_DeviceFileUID=0
NVreg_DeviceFileGID=27 NVreg_ModifyDeviceFiles=1
NVreg_RegistryDwords="PerfLevelSrc=0x2222"

My graphics is GeForce 9650M GT, 1GB.

Nvidia drivers binary and nouveau are unstable for me. It's blocking for
me. I can't use my laptop in the production environment :(

Does anybody have an idea, how to resolve it? - quick solution?

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  computer freeze trying to exit "gnome-control-center"