Apparently the modesetting driver doesn't play well when trying to set
the primary output (which does not seem to be supported by the driver).

In any case, we should really make sure to trap the XError and to ignore
it when setting the primary output, instead of only ignoring the error
when we look for the primary output. This solves the problem in
libgnome-desktop.

** Also affects: gnome-desktop-3 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-desktop-3 (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

** Changed in: gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-desktop-3 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-319 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-desktop-3 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Alberto Milone (albertomilone) => (unassigned)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-modesetting in Ubuntu.

  xrandr Xerrors with the nvidia binary drivers (optimus)