SRU request:

Please accept gnome-desktop3 (3.4.2-0ubuntu0.2) in precise-proposed and
gnome-desktop3 (3.8.4-0ubuntu1.1) in saucy-proposed.

[Impact]
In Precise and Saucy, we support hybrid graphics, and this issue prevents users
from enabling external screens (the ones connected to the Intel card), and to
benefit from all the features that the gnome-settings-daemon provides (font
settings, input settings, theming, etc.).

[Test Case]
After installing the update, users should be able to open the Displays
configuration tool, and the gnome-settings-daemon will be running (as shown by
the "ps aux | grep gnome-settings-daemon" command).

[Regression Potential]
None. We simply trap and ignore an error when setting the primary output, as
the rest of the program already does when getting the primary output.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-modesetting in Ubuntu.

  xrandr Xerrors with the nvidia binary drivers (optimus)