I should mention, that in contrast to the original report, the stippled window
borders appear now independent of the compositor state (on or off).
I've also tested xfwm4 in combination with compton (standalone opengl
compositor) with the same result: occasional appearance of stippled borders.

  xfwm4 may show display distortions, when using compositing on intel
  with sna