Compile the driver I install git on "Xubuntu 13.10" in one of the
attempts to start the system crash xfsettingsd could get a picture on
the screen. See the bug #1296449 .

I tried it on kubuntu 13.10, installing the driver deb there were no
issues. So I think that the problem of the black screen is caused by the
XFCE desktop environment.

Attached a patch for the package fixes this bug and bug #1165232 .

** Patch added:
"xserver-xorg-video-openchrome_0.3.1-0ubuntu2.2._fix_2bugs_saucy-proposed"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-openchrome/+bug/1251849/+attachment/4041909/+files/xserver-xorg-video-openchrome_0.3.1-0ubuntu2.2._fix_2bugs_saucy-proposed.diff.gz

** Tags added: patch

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-openchrome in Ubuntu.

  [VX820] Regression: driver does not work on Samsung NC20