** Description changed:

- * Impact:
- - the driver doesn't work with the xorg version in 13.10
+ * Impact:
+ - the driver doesn't work with the X.org version in 13.10

  * Test case:
  - try using 13.10 on a machine needing the openchrome driver (a samsung nc20
for example

  * regression potential:
- - check that xorg sessions work as they should
+ - check that xorg sessions work as they should. The patches have received
testing in Debian/Trusty and upstream, so presumably should be fairly safe. The
number of people using openchrome is relatively small compared to the main X
drivers, so the scope of risk is rather small here.

  -------

-
- I'm using a Samsung NC20 since a couple of years now. It has never been easy
with X11 but with Ubuntu 13.10/saucy it has become an export issue to get this
netbook running.
+ I'm using a Samsung NC20 since a couple of years now. It has never been
+ easy with X11 but with Ubuntu 13.10/saucy it has become an export issue
+ to get this netbook running.

  Notice that this is a regression from Ubuntu 13.04/raring where
  openchrome was worked more or less flawless.

  With 13.10 however, X11 bails out and even the console is not usable
  afterwards.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-openchrome in Ubuntu.

  [VX820] Regression: driver does not work on Samsung NC20