Public bug reported:

Hello folks,

After a fresh install of Trusty (14.04) my screen goes black after some
usage (random time)

The computer is not freeze, Capslock and numlock works, also I can use
sysrq keys in order to reboot my system.

The only way to recover the display is to put my laptop to sleep
(closing the lid) and wake up it. But after that, it flicks and displays
mess on screen and nothing except terminal (CTRL+ALT+F1) is usable. I
tried to restart X without success, all things continues to flick

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "ubuntu-bug xserver-xorg-video-intel output"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1315184/+attachment/4102775/+files/apport.xserver-xorg-video-intel.u8l_wa27.apport

  [GM965] screen goes black after some usage