Could someone please fix this bug?

What this bug means is that any time my system reboots I must
immediately log in, otherwise the system goes to sleep. And then I can't
wake it up except to reboot.  So if the power goes out, my machine is
rendered useless, because it reboots when the power comes back on then
immediately goes to sleep. Since I expect my system to be up all the
time, this is a major problem.

In addition, this is a desktop machine, not a laptop. I do NOT want the
machine to hibernate AT ALL when it is waiting for login. I DO want the
display to sleep, but the machine must stay up and running.  How do I
configure that?

This is seriously messed up.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 14.04 blank screen after wakeup from sleep