I am running Xubuntu 14.04 (upgraded from 13.10) and I just experienced
the blank screen after I resumed from a suspend. I wasn't having
problems with resuming from suspend until today. I put my desktop into
suspend by using the logout button in the upper right corner and
choosing the suspend option this morning.

When i came home from work I hit my power button (it was flashing like
it always does when in suspend mode) and both my monitors acted like
they were receiving a signal (power buttons remained lite) but I
couldn't do anything. Just a blank black screen. I couldn't go to tty1
or anything.

I had to hard reboot my machine using the case reset switch. I am not
sure what files to post here as far as logs. I am using the Nvidia
binary driver 337.19 from their website with a GTX 760. I have an
i5-4670k OC'd to 4Ghz with 8GB of DDRIII G-Skill Sniper 2133Mhz RAM

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 14.04 blank screen after wakeup from sleep