Hey guys - a little help for  a relative Ubuntu n00b?

I'm *not* running Mythbuntu - I'm running standard Ubuntu Desktop 14.04.
I don't have xfce4-settings installed, but I am seeing very similar
behaviour to that described in this bug report. I have a DisplayPort
monitor attached. If I switch it off and switch it on again (or switch
it to a different input and back again), Ubuntu doesn't detect the
monitor and it says black. I have to reboot the box to get the display
back. (There may be a way of getting it back using ssh but I haven't
been able to do that yet).

If I change the monitor cable from DisplayPort to DVI this does not
happen. I'm using a GTX660 with an HP LP2475w.

My behaviour looks like the same bug, but changing xfce4-settings won't
help as I don't have it installed!

Can anyone verify this behaviour, and if verified, add the appropriate
data in the "Affects" field? Thanks.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Xfce resets TV mode to NULL when power cycled