OK, I've cleared the CMOS data by setting the appropriate jumper on the
motherboard.  I've also taken out the CMOS battery for a while.  But I
still can't boot the PC - I still see nothing on the screen.  I've also
burnt a CD with SystemRescueCD on it.  I can put it in the PC's drive
but it won't boot from it.  To my mind this all suggests the BIOS was
flashed successfully but that the new version is incompatible.  Do you
have any ideas on how to proceed please?  Is it possible to flash the
BIOS chip with the original BIOS version I was using?

  Ubuntu 14.04 system with Radeon HD 6330M hangs regularly, especially
  when using Google Chrome