I was not able to upgrade BIOS FA to FB because FB has the wrong Id.
This is due to the motherboard being Rev 2.0 (checked by looking at
motherboard). In other words, the PC seller forced in the wrong BIOS -
FA which is for Rev 2.2 . So I upgraded the BIOS to FH - the latest non-
beta for Rev 2.0 dated 2013 i.e 2 years later than FA.

However, still not able to change users by selecting different user from
top of screen - screen just goes black. I'm able to change user by
logging out current user before logging 'new' user. BTW I only have 2
users on an 8GB PC.

Output asked for:
john@Desktop:~$ sudo dmidecode -s bios-version && sudo dmidecode -s
bios-release-date