> versus take the hour out of your time to do
> as previously requested (which in itself is quite simple)

It's not just the time, it's the risk of breaking everything.
When I first installed Ubuntu, in dual boot with Windows by following Ubuntu's
official documentation and the onscreen installation steps, nothing worked out
of the box, and I had to tweak things a lot with BIOS UEFI settings (again, all
officla ubuntu guides giving instructions that would either not work or not
correspond with reality) until I finally got the dual boot to work as it should
have worked out of the box.
So now I'm afraid that updating the bios may screw up everything (just like
simply upgrading ubuntu from 14.04 to 14.10 screwed up grub rendering the
system unbootable which fortunately I could repair)

Anyway, regarding the issue at hand, remember that this is a regression
and hence the fact that the bios is outdated should not be of any
relevance (and actually is never a good reason for ignoring bugs in the
first place as I already pointed out many times in other reports) given
that the issue was not present prior to recent updates with the same
bios.

  xorg started to systematically crash after every suspend/resume