I don't know if its the same bug.

lI loaded Ubuntu 15.04 on to an older HP Pavilion. I'm noticing touchpad
and keyboard instability. For example, I'll type a letter and it
continues with that letter maybe 50 times. It just happened with the
letter "p." It's as if I'm holding down the letter. Then, the touch pad
is unstable. Sometimes the pointer moves on its own or won't move at
all. It's extremely difficult to use the touch pad to scroll up or down.
It just did it again with "p"  pppppppppppppppppppppppppp. this is an
example.

I'm a complete novice with Linux. My Notebook computer has an Intel
Centrino Duo core processor T2400 1.83Ghz 2MbB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB.
(Whatever that means) It has 2048MB system memory and a 120 GB hard
drive with double layer support. I installed the proprietary Intel
motherboard software. Was this a mistake? It runs very fast. Should I
have used a different version of Ubutu? (The cursor just took off on its
own putting in blank spaces.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

** Converted to question:

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/+question/268097

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  In Ubuntu 15.04, simply moving the mouse via touchpad scrolls the
  window