"However, in both cases, attempting to enable multi-screen mode via
amdcccle (with screen 1 right of screen 2) causes X to crash severely,
as soon as you hit "OK" or "Apply"."

This is the screen setup I have and so is probably the reason that my
system hangs, solid, right at the login screen, when I boot into
3.19.0-26.

I will disable muliti-screen, reboot and report back.

Also: As I have said; I have been collecting up the duplicates whenever
I visit and so would like to ask: Are all the bug reports with the lines

Title: fglrx-core 2:15.200-0ubuntu4: fglrx-core kernel module failed to build
UdevLog: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/log/udev'

also this bug?

 I am not sure and have so far avoided adding them as duplicates, in
favour of just pulling in the ones which either don't have an error
stated outright, or have the 'pci_ignore_hotplug' flagged.

Sorry, I'm new to this, want to help and don't want to cause any damage
or further work for the already overworked.

Could one of the mods or triage-rs please write an article about this
for Linux Voice and the Podcasts, etc. in order to help the community to
help you in the event of this sort of thing happening again. LV would
definitely pay you for a well written piece about this and your
employers may well do the same, as well as giving you time during work
hours for the effort.

Please give this some thought and do pass on this sentiment to others
who know what they are doing here, as this may help allay any bad
publicity which may result from this mistake.

Thanks,
Rich

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer-updates in Ubuntu.

  SRU request: fglrx.ko fails because of backported GPL-only
  'pci_ignore_hotplug' symbol