I don't understand why everyone thanks Canonical here.
I mean, they messed up the SRU kernel process and broke a big number of stable
desktops in the wild (including some LTS users).
An now everyone is saying everything is great &all now that an update was
pushed?

But did you think of those casual users that are now stuck on a black screen or
on a login loop and won't be able to upgrade their computer without an external
help?
Come on, I can't be the only one to think what happened is very serious for a
distribution targeted at everyone.

No, what would seem professional to me now would be the publication of a
post-mortem on this issue, detailing actions and changes to existing processes
in order to make sure this kind of situation won't happen again in the future.
Then it would restore some faith that Ubuntu can be safely used by "human
beings" and not just geeks.

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer-updates in Ubuntu.

  SRU request: fglrx.ko fails because of backported GPL-only
  'pci_ignore_hotplug' symbol