> I've experienced exactly the same problem, as Tom Furniss described.
> Kernel version: 4.2.6-301.fc23.x86_64
> dmesg with drm.debug=14 attached.
> I'm failed to apply patches, files structure in drivers/gpu/drm/i915/ is
> slightly different.
> If there is any other options for me to fix issue?

These patches apply to drm-intel-nightly kernel which is a development
tree for i915 driver. You can clone the git repository from

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation/development/source-code

and apply these patches on top of it. I'm afraid, this is the only
option at the moment to get these issues fixed. Eventually, these
patches will be upstreamed as fixes.

which is subscribed to libdrm in Ubuntu.

  Screen flickering in Intel i915 driver