Ubuntu Trusty 20160217 amd64 is still affected so I doubt that a fix
will land for 14.04.4. That will be problematic for less advanced users
affected because both the Wily and the updated Trusty images offered
from the main download page(s) will fail to work.

To me the obvious simple "workaround" is to recommend using the archived
14.04.1 images that still use the 3.13 series kernel as these are not
affected. The one caveat that those writing release notes and/or release
announcements is when we recommend using the archived 14.04.1 images we
must be certain to warn of ubiquity bug #1265192 so users don't
inadvertently wipe out existing data.

  Garbled graphics in Wily with Intel GMA4500 chip