Public bug reported:

Dear Developers,

just looking at a fglrx bug #1537502 (GPU-fans not moving)
conviced me to place this request, as with a new R9 AMD graphics-card the
current solution doesnt seem to offer a real alternative . And recommending to
switch to Xenius right now neither.

Since I'm using MESA 11.3 from GIT + Mainline-Kernel (knowing about
possible consequences in a testing-system), I'm not knowing if this
request can be filled with the most current Linux-Kernel at hand for
Wily.

Also I'm not knowing if the installation of FGLRX was done wt Jockey or
manually. But such an error should by all means not occur, as it's
endangering the hardware.

Thanks for caring & best regards

Packagesearch: http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=xserver-xorg-
video-amdgpu&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amdgpu upgrade-software-version wily

** Description changed:

  Dear Developers,

  just looking at a fglrx bug #1537502 (GPU-fans not moving)
  conviced me to place this request, as with a new R9 AMD graphics-card the
current solution doesnt seem to offer a real alternative . And recommending to
switch to Xenius now neither.

  Since I'm using MESA 11.3 from GIT + Mainline-Kernel, I'm not knowing if
  this request can be filled with the most current Linux-Kernel at hand
  for Wily.

- Also I'm not knowing if the installtion of FGLRX was done wt Jockey or
[...]

** Tags added: amdgpu

+
+ Packagesearch: http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=xserver-xorg-
+ video-amdgpu&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu in Ubuntu.

  [upgrade request] amd-gpu in Wily is quite aged & doesn't represent
  current state