I found a workaround to invert the two finger scrolling behavior.
It is enough to add a file .Xmodmap in the home dir with the following content:

$ cat .Xmodmap
pointer = 1 2 3 5 4 6 7 8 9 10

(note that the forth and fifth numbers are swapped)

This invert the two finger scrolling direction, but unfortunately also
the direction of scrolling of the wheel of an external mouse, if used...

Anyway, for those using only the touchpad I think it is a good,
temporary compromise :)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Touchpad not recognized on Dell Latitude E7470 Ultrabook