Hi,

I can get xorg working if I do these 2 things:

1) Edit memory with gdb to add "pci:" to bus id. This is what the kernel
patch should do. I will test the patch soon, I am just waiting for the
kernel to build.

2) Install this /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "AutoAddGPU" "off"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier "dja"
        Driver "modesetting"
        BusID "pci:0007:161:0:0"
EndSection

This does 2 things:
 - AutoAddGPU prevents the card from falsely being marked as GPU. I am not yet
fully sure why that is required.

 - The Device section then specifies the busid and driver specifically.
This forces the driver to be loaded correctly.

This Xorg configuration should not be required in the long term. There
are obviously still some bugs to be fixed. But, I wanted to let you know
that progress was being made and give you good news.

Attached is a screenshot of Xeyes over KVM.

Regards,
Daniel

** Attachment added: "xeyes.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1691991/+attachment/4889182/+files/xeyes.png

  Xorg Segmentation fault on Hisilicon D05 board (arm64)