After upgrading to Ubuntu 17.10, I connected my Wacom Intuos tablet,
which has touch and pen functionality.

Controlling the mouse pointer through the touch functionality seems to
work fine, but using the stylus produced very strange behaviour,
depending the program.

- With Firefox there there are two pointers - one that is moving in
accordance with the stylus movements, and one stays put at the position,
when the stylus movement was detected.

- With Darktable the mouse pointer becomes invisible, once it's moved
inside of the application window (it registers clicks though). Once the
pointer is moved outside of the application window, it appears again.

I'm running Ubuntu inside of a wayland session.

libwacom2: 0.24-1

** Affects: wayland (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
wacom invisible mouse pointer in wayland
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1726224