When I first installed Ubuntu 17.10, I logged into Wayland and it worked
fine. There were some minor issues, but it was still functional.
However, I started screencasting my computer with Ctrl-Alt-Shift-R, but
my computer became very slow and I decided to shut it down. I closed all
applications before shutting it down, but forgot to stop the screencast.

Now, when I try to log into Ubuntu 17.10 using Wayland, the screen goes
gray and my cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen. I can't move my
cursor at all and the desktop never actually loads. I can still
transition to other ttys, though, by using the Ctrl-Alt-(F key)
commands.

However, logging into Ubuntu on Xorg or Unity still works fine.

** Affects: wayland (Ubuntu)

** Tags: artful bot-comment wayland-session
--
Computer freezes when logging into Ubuntu 17.10 on Wayland
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1725686