Public bug reported:

AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad

With 1.9.4-2ubuntu1 I cannot easily change e.g. the size of a row in GNOME
(Synaptic, Evolution, etc.).
Clearly, the patch applied to update 1.9.4-2 to 1.9.4-2ubuntu1 is here faulty
(again).

If I keep my finger stationary, the cursor makes small movements. I
don't know if the patch is useful for some people but clearly not for my
Dell Precision 7510 as it makes it not usable.

The trackpoint is ok, as it is not affected by the patch (if I
understand it correctly).

Way to solve the issue : revert the patch. :-)

** Affects: libinput (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bionic

which is subscribed to libinput in Ubuntu.

  [Bionic] 1.9.4-2ubuntu1 makes touchpad jumpy