David, if the workaround in Bug #1780664 works in our case (i.e. for
this bug) we should change the affected component from "libdrm" to
"mesa": I was searching for something related to graphics drivers to be
responsible for this bug, thought it was libdrm, but it can be mesa,
too. Have you tried the workaround? I did not for now, I have a lot of
work to do till weekend: and in my case Firefox, Mplayer, Dosbox and Vim
work fine, which are the programs I use most, so I am not very pressured
to do the fix, maybe I will wait until the official fix is out.

I was also thinking that another thing that may fix this could be
upgrading the kernel from GA to HWE according to this article:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack (the command when they
say "DESKTOP") - but this can be dangerous and can break other things so
I was not brave enough to do this upgrade: also the bug can maybe stay
even when the kernel is updated this way which would be sad

** Package changed: libdrm (Ubuntu) => mesa (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to libdrm in Ubuntu.

  After update 2018-07-08 menus and buttons are behaving badly