Hi Stefano Galassi (iltoga) and wangjun (biggerchina)

Thank you for providing the info!

So this ELAN touchpad's HID reporter descriptors could be read and
parsed but it couldn't be started at all since no HID reports are
received.

Now the only way I can think of to tackle this issue is to install Windows
Driver Kit to capture&analyze
HID reports to see what reports are sent/received from/by the Windows driver
while playing with the touchpad under Windows? But my laptop comes with the
Synnaptics touchpad, I couldn't do this on my own computer. Is it possible for
you to do it for me? Here's the how-to
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-usb-blog/how-to-capture-and-read-hid-traces-in-windows-8-1/ba-p/270839.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-libinput in Ubuntu.

  MSFT Touchpad not working on Lenovo Legion-5 15ARH05