Hey palls, it's Lenovo Legion Y540, and I just signed up here to suggest a
solution for touchpad that helped for me. Since I have the similar touchpad
types as here in the topic MSFT0001:01 04F3:309E .
I was wandering same as many of you for several days since installing Linux,
(it's Manjaro btw, but anyways just try if you can, who knows, maybe it will
work for you too)

So the solution for touchpad to get it working:

1/ sudo pacman -Rsn xf86-input-synaptics

2/ sudo pacman -Syu xf86-input-libinput

(create a new file if you don't have existing)
3/ /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-touchpad.conf
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "MyTouchpad"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        Driver "libinput"
        Option "Tapping" "on"
EndSection

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-libinput in Ubuntu.

  MSFT Touchpad not working on Lenovo Legion-5 15ARH05