Update (which I hope turns out to be helpful):

While I was reading through my own error logs, I saw "Guake", so I decided to
check and see if there have been any problems reported with Guake Terminal. I
found this:
https://github.com/Guake/guake/issues/1753
and this:
https://github.com/Guake/guake/issues/1749#issuecomment-632189285
and so I tried the tips in the comments. I disabled "Automatically save
session..." in the "Preferences" and I disabled the activation of Guake at
startup in my system settings, and the problem still persisted. So now, I can
say with certainty that Guake isn't the problem. I'm almost entirely sure that
it's an issue with Xorg, because the exact same problem happened with the
screen/computer freezing/locking up about 5 minutes into having it turned on
without my doing anything at all.

Also, this is unrelated to the bug, but I can't find contact info on the
official Ubuntu site, so I thought perhaps I'd ask here:

How can I become a Linux Developer and contribute to Ubuntu? I really love this
project, and I've developed a huge love affair with Linux as a whole. I've
gathered that I need to become fully fluent in C, since Linux itself is written
in C:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux
Plus, I'm currently studying for, first, the LFCSA, and then the LFCE.
I've tried looking for answers at:
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/419042/how-do-i-register-as-a-ubuntu-developer
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopers
> https://discourse.ubuntu.com/
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/SourceCode
> https://code.launchpad.net/ubuntu
but I'm having difficulty finding my way around. What skill set should I learn
first in order to prepare and become worthy of working on Ubuntu as a proper
developer? How should I get started?

** Bug watch added: github.com/Guake/guake/issues #1753
   https://github.com/Guake/guake/issues/1753

** Bug watch added: github.com/Guake/guake/issues #1749
   https://github.com/Guake/guake/issues/1749

  Xorg randomly freezes