I upgraded to 21.10 yesterday, but haven't used it long enough to know
for sure if the crash also happens here. And it switched to Wayland,
which doesn't really solve the problem, since Plover isn't currently
compatible with it. But I switched to Xorg and haven't got any Xorg
crashes on 21.10 so far.

However I did get another bug, which I'm not sure which package is in.
Sometimes a word or phrase written with a single chord on the keyboard
will come out with some characters missing, or backspacing gets messed
up. This seems to be happening only with charcters that appear several
times in the thing I'm writing, so if I write "teen princess", it might
get turned into "ten princes" with the repeated e and s removed. Teen
teen teen teen teen teen teen teen teen teen teen teen teen  teen teen
teen teen. Well, I guess it's not happening right now, at least on that
word. There are there are there are ther are there are. Well, one of the
there's got an e to little, so that's the type of issue. Where would I
report that? It happens when I use Plover, but  when I try to check what
Plover is trying to outpt, it's sending the right keypresses, so it's
something that processes them later tha's getting rid of some
characters.

  Xorg crashed with SIGSEGV in mieqEnqueue() from queueEventList() from
  QueueKeyboardEvents() from xf86PostKeyEventM() from
  xf86PostKeyboardEvent()